Tinton Falls, NJ
Apex Center For Regenerative Medicine offers advanced diagnostic techniques, including VSI
ABOUT MI-EYE® IMAGING
Mi-Eye® Imaging is a diagnostic exam performed in the comfort of our office that allows for high-definition visualization of the inside of the joint. This gives Dr. Savarino immediate insight into the root cause of your discomfort. The exam utilizes a tiny needle camera scope, requires only local anesthesia and takes about 10 minutes. We can also administer treatment such as steroid (also known as cortisone) and regenerative treatments through Mi-Eye® as well.
Historically the MRI has been the go-to non-surgical diagnostic tool, but MRIs can be expensive and inconclusive. Usually after surgery an MRI always looks abnormal. In cases where MRI was not an option (pacemaker, implants, claustrophobia, obesity), surgical diagnostic arthroscopy used to be the only alternative. VSI offers a non-surgical diagnostic tool that is accurate, effective and fits easily into our patients’ busy schedules and lifestyles.
Benefits of the VSI diagnostic exam include:
- Accuracy equivalent to surgical diagnostic arthroscopy
- Appropriate for most patients
- Less expensive
- Only a 5-10 minute exam
- No general anesthesia, stitches, or recovery time
- No unnecessary time off from work / life commitments
- No follow-up visits or additional testing appointments
- Consultation during the VSI exam appointment